Underwriting & Statistics Officer Professional2 months ago - Job Offers - Lagos - 401 views
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company.The Corporation is headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re operates through its wide commercial network. Six (6) Regional Offices: Casablanca (Morocco),Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius); two (2) subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd Johannesburg (South Africa) and Africa Retakaful, Cairo (Egypt); and one (1) Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
Underwriting &Statistics Officer
• The successful candidate shall support the Central Operations & Special Risks team in statistics & data processing, technical reporting, underwriting, claims,actuarial & analytics and any other tasks as delegated from time to time.
The main duties of the Underwriting & Statistics Officer shall comprise amongst others the following:
• Collate and organize statistics for the Corporation’s retrocession, and contributing to data preparation for Rating Agencies’ assessment.
• Run various reports from internal systems, conduct analysis, verify data quality on a regular basis and provide supervisors with findings.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of statistics & data collection requirements for Production Centers.
• Provide support in the preparation of various technical reports. Follow up on various scheduled reports from Production Centers to ensure they are delivered on time in accordance with the Department requirements.
• Support underwriting and claims activities at the corporate level, including assistance in data processing for the Actuarial & Analytics function.
• Any other tasks as delegated from time to time by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• First University Degree in relevant fields (in Insurance, Actuarial Science, Statistics,Economics or any other numerate degree).
• Advanced knowledge and practical experience with Underwriting and Statistical methods for data analysis;
• 4-5 Years of experience in a similar role;
• Relevant work experience in the Insurance and/or Reinsurance industry will be an added advantage.
Main Competencies Required for this Position
• Good technical knowledge of insurance/Reinsurance;
• Proficiency in Re/Insurance systems;
• Sound knowledge and interpretation data analysis;
• Very high numerical and analytical skills;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as proven writing and reporting skills;
• Fast-learner with ability to multitask;
• Very high integrity and good sense of responsibility;
• A self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision
• Advanced knowledge of quantitative analysis software
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• Ability to adapt quickly in a challenging and fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
• Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel tool and excellent skills in other MS Office applications (Word, Access, PowerPoint).
Additional Requirements for Candidates for this Position
Applicants must also be:
• Fluent in English,working knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
• Nationals of Members state of Africa-Re
• Not more than 35 years old
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
• Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation's Grade Level SS3
• Variable pay(Annual Performance Bonus)
• Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
• Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
• Medical cover for staff and family;
• Housing Allowance
• Transport Allowance
• Inflation Adjustment
Method of Application
Africa-Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers good working environment commensurate with international standards
Closing Date for applications is 26 October, 2018