Programme Management Analyst Professional11 months ago - Job Offers - Abuja - 433 views
Fund forAgricultural Development (IFAD) is an international financial institution and aspecialised United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty andhunger. It does so by investing in rural people.
IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at the local, national and international level forpolicies that contribute to rural transformation. These roles will support this activity at country level.
• Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the UNV Programme Management Analyst promotes a collaborative and client-oriented approach and maintenance of high staff morale by supporting the management of the country portfolio, with focus on achieving the following objectives.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
Provide support to:
• Review country programmes AWPB & PP and provide inputs to the CD, PO and CPO Monitor execution of Country Programme implementation and compliance to key performance indicators/parameters
• Monitor the Country Programme Performance on their Log-frames and update ORMS periodically
• Periodically review and monitor the performance of Country Programme M&E system in line with national and IFAD monitoring and evaluation requirements
• Contribute to country project/programme’s design, and reviews including annual and midterm review
• Contribute to COSOP preparation and review and monitor performance
• Support compliance of projects and country programme’s with IFAD corporate level policies, such asthe ORMS, Annual reviews, COSOP Review, MTRs, etc.
• Monitor implementation status of project/programme’s audit, and supervision recommendations
• Monitor programmes’ compliance to key deadlines, which may include meeting deadlines to recommendations of supervision missions, submission of key reports (annual and audit reports).
• Support the documentation, packaging and dissemination of lessons learnt.
• Periodically draft portfolio score cards and country performance sheet based on COSOP indicators.
Supervision and Implementation Support:
Provide support to:
• Review country programmes AWPB & PP and provide inputs to the CD, PO and CPO
• Monitor execution of Country Programme implementation and compliance to key performance indicators/parameters
• Supervision and implementation support missions.
Management of Country Programme:
• the planning and facilitation of trainings, workshops, retreats and high-level visits from HQ the preparation of consolidated periodic and annual outcome tracking and monitoring country programme report the ICO in responding to corporate reviews,monitoring and reporting requirements
• Support and join when required supervision and evaluation missions, and monitor the follow up of recommendations the organization of Portfolio Reviews
• Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by management
• Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing Organization of trainings for the operations/projects staff
• Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme management Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
• Support the operation of ICO AWPB, manage , monitor, report and organize periodic reviews jointly with ICO.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
• Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (forinstance in events that mark International Volunteer Day)
• Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country
• Provide annual and end of assignment reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities using UNV’s Volunteer Reporting Application-Contribute articles/write-ups onfield experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, pressreleases, etc
• Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers
• Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
• Advanced University Degree in Management, Social Sciences with a focus on development-related studies
• At least 5 years’experience in development programme management
• At least 3 years’work experience in the UN system or in donor-funded development programmes
• Fluency in both spoken and written English.
• Demonstrated experience in partnership management
• Demonstrated experience in analysis of development issues and report writing
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation and supervision of development programme is an asset
• Proficiency in IT,data-bases and web-based research Standard Computer Software (Word, Excel,Database, PowerPoint, Internet)
• Excellent report writing, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Professional and personal flexibility, adaptability and result oriented.
• English(Mandatory) , Level – Fluent
Method of Application
Please visit http://www.unv.org/special-calls/programme-management-analystsfor additional information on job description, application process and submission of applications.