Chief Investment Officer_ FHF 001 Professional2 months ago - Job Offers - Abuja - 74 views
JobType - Full Time
Experience- 15 years
JobField - Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reference Number: 130-PEO00928
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Strategic direction and overall leadership is provided by the Board of Directors of whom a majority will be independent non executives.
- The appointment of the Board is expected to be completed by 30th September 2018. Day to day management of the Company is delegated to a 3 person senior leadership team headed by the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Chief Investment Officer will be responsible for providing Strategic leadership in managing the Funds towards achieving the ambitious target of providing good quality and affordable homes to 500,000 families on low and medium income by 2023.
Specific Duties of the Position
New business development; particularly investment opportunities in new affordable housing projects across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria;
- Develop strategic partnerships with large scale house builders/developers, financial institutions e.g. The Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, State Governments and other industry players.
- Overall management of individual funds ensuring high quality origination and compliance with agreed risk acceptance policies geared towards long term sustainability.
- Ensure funds’ investments generate high social and environmental impact, particularly the creation of new jobs.
- Serve as the senior investment executive and expert in all aspects of Investment and Portfolio Management for the Fund, from ‘deal-flow to execution’
- Serve as a member of the Investment Committee and provide sound and fully supported recommendations and advice on the investment mandates as well as execute formulated investment strategy by sourcing and underwriting transactions
- Develop, evaluate and review deal-flow and project pipeline against investment strategy to ensure optimal and timely investment and performance
- Oversee financial, commercial, risk, tax and legal due diligences on the investments and recommend appropriate course of action
- Assess and present performance of the Fund’s investment and measure against appropriate benchmarks
- Monitor investments performance, including compliance and responsibility for any amendment or restructuring requirements
- Implement investment and risk management policies in line with the Funds’ mandate.
- Manage and develop team of investment management professionals.
- Recent experience of managing a $100-$500 million portfolio strongly preferred
- 15+ years of senior level real estate investment management or similar expertise, including deal origination, appraisals and documentation
- Must be eligible for accreditation as a registered sponsored individual by the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Demonstrated business development skills, including building sustainable client relationships.
- Strong communications skills.
- CFA and/or MBA in Finance or similar qualification from a top-tier program
- Flexibility to meet changing needs and priorities.
- Significant experience with Boards, preferably with a Financial Institution or REPE Funds exposure.
- An interest in and desire to contribute to the objectives and vision of the Family Homes Funds to house 500,000 Nigerians on low/medium income by 2023.
Skills and Competencies:
- Creative marketing and Resilience
- Risk Monitoring and Control
- Strategy planning and implementation
- Leadership/ Team work
- Relationship Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Business development and continuity management
- Property law/ Property Valuation
- Business Continuity Planning and Management
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Budget preparation, interpretation, appropriation and monitoring
- Attention to detail
- Project Management
Method of Application
Qualified candidatesshould apply by visiting www.pwc.com/ng/executive-searchto view the full job description. Application closes two weeks after the dateof publication.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.