CEO Payment Solutions Professional1 month ago - Job Offers - Lagos - 161 views
KPMG Nigeria - Our client is a leading system integrator, providing top-notch ICT Infrastructure Solutions to key clients across the banking, telecoms, power,oil & gas sectors in Nigeria and West Africa.
Inline with its strategic growth objectives, our client recently established a Payment Solutions business and is desirous of hiring a top-of-the-class individual with proven track record of results-driven leadership and the requisite skills and experience to fill the CEO position for this business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will provide quality leadership and direction to ensure performance of the business in line with its strategic plans and to ensure itis capable of delivering on its long-term strategic intent and vision.
- Providing overall supervision for the General Managers.
- Managing performance of the General Managers.
- Developing and implementing the corporate strategy.
- Overseeing the enforcement of all agent management policies and sanctions.
- Managing relationships and compliance issues with regulatory authorities.
- Presenting periodic Agent Network Reports to the Board.
- Rolling out the Shared Agent Banking Platform across the geo-political zones with focus on penetrating the northern region.
- Enhancing the penetration and extension of permitted banking services to the unbanked, under-banked and banked populace in Nigeria; thereby promoting financial inclusion in the wider spectrum in line with the Financial Inclusion Strategy of Nigeria.
- Ensuring that functional objectives are delivered through a highly motivated and engaged team.
- Developing bench strength of future leaders through coaching, mentoring and guidance for the team.
Corporate Governance & Risk Management:
- Liaising with relevant regulatory bodies such the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), NIBSS, CIBN etc.
- Facilitating the flow of information to key stakeholders such as the Board members.
- Maintaining and updating the governance framework as required - the framework will consist of fair practices, controls and rules of governance on how the firm relates with its stakeholders.
- Identifying and assessing potential financial risks, reputation risks etc. to the business.
- Putting strategies in place to mitigate risks.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements from relevant agencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree or its equivalent, while a Master's degree with relevant professional certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience, with at least five (5) years in a senior management position in a similar or comparable institution
- Experience in payments, financial services/ banking, including agency banking, sales and distribution and/or the telecoms sector is preferable
- Track record of successful management/ administration of regional or national distribution network(s)
- Extensive and working knowledge of retail business and sales channel development.
Skills/ Competency Requirements:
- Banking or Payment services experience.
- Key negotiation skills.
- Risk management knowledge
- Corporate governance
- Experience in managing trade outlets.
- Thorough understanding of agency business.
- Sound understanding of the banking industry.
- Information technology savvy.
- Good understanding of online learning platform for product trainings.
- Thorough knowledge of channel development and management
- Working knowledge of banking product management
- Hands-on attitude and self–starting disposition
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results
- Good business and commercial awareness
- Adept Stakeholder management skills (especially with relevant regulators)
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to foster and sustain relationships with stakeholders, peers and executives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
Method of Application
If interested please apply with a tailored CV and note that applications will betreated in confidence. Only eligible candidates will be contacted
Please visit https://kpmgng.avature.net/careers to view the detailed job profile and complete the online application for the job.
Application Closing Date Tuesday 16 October, 2018