Risk Management Supervisor Professional3 months ago - Job Offers - Lagos - 155 views
Union Technical Manpower Services Limited (UTMS) - With a strong drive for innovation and market leadership, Our client, a leading integrated energy services provider with offices in Nigeria (Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt), USA (Houston) and United Kingdom (London) is looking to hire competent, motivated and well experienced individuals into the position of Risk Management Supervisor
- The role of a Risk Management Supervisor is to communicate risk policies and processes for an organization.
- They provide hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit and operational risk, assure controls are operating effectively, and provide research and analytical support.
- Risk Managers must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur
- Performing a risk assessment: Analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company.
- Performing a risk evaluation: Evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements
- Establishing the level of risk the company are willing to take
- Preparing risk management and insurance budgets
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience. (Educating the board of directors about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks)
- Explaining the external risk posed by corporate governance to stakeholders
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks
- Conducting policy and compliance audits, which will include liaising with internal and external auditors
- Reviewing any new major contracts or internal business proposal
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company
- Reviewing any new major contracts or internal business proposals
- Implementing health and safety measures, and purchasing insurance.
Key Performance Indicators
- Business System Availability
- An ability to work well under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build effective relationships to enable fulfilment of the job role.
- Timeline for Problem Resolution (within 1 hour and 24 hours for minor and major respectively)
- Number of Projects Planned for the year versus number delivered Security of database
Requirements,Education & Experience
A good university degree in Risk Management, Management or Business Studies, Finance or Economics, Engineering, Law or related discipline. MBA in Risk Management wouldbe advantage
Key Competency Requirements
- Performance Management
- Numerate and competent user of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experienced in conducting desk based research
- Excellent writing skills.
- The person should be able to identify key points on any issue and translate these into clear,succinct messages
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues
- Problem solving
- Analytical skills and eye for details
- Commercial Awareness
- Numerical Skills.
An attractive salary package commensurate with qualification and experience in the Oil & Gas Industry will be offered to the selected candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and one-page Cover Letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org Using the subject "Application for Position Applied for and Job Code" e.g Business Manager (BM 101)
- CV must be sent with your name and position applied for.
- All entries not properly sent will be rejected
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date 26th April, 2019.