Head, Internal Audit Professional1 week ago - Job Offers - Abuja - 26 views
Solina Centre for International Development and Research (SCIDaR) is an indigenous non profit institution that works to accelerate positive health, social and economicre forms
We are recruiting to fill the position of Head, Internal Audit and Compliance for Abuja
Description and Objectives
- The Head, Internal Audit and Compliance will oversee SCIDaR’s internal audit and compliance activities to ensure adherence to all regulatory and funder requirements as well as internal policies and procedures.
- She/he will be responsible for instituting appropriate internal controls in all business systems and departments and verifying the accuracy of accounting information.
- The incumbent will also implement risk-based audit processes to assess and improve SCIDaR’s key operational and financial activities and internal controls.
- The Head, Internal Audit and Compliance will review SCIDaR’s risk management plans, financial and operational policies, procedures, records and accounts, and appraise the effectiveness by which SCIDaR meets its objectives. She/he will also be responsible for monitoring compliance with these policies.
- And Others
- Performing audits through the review of physical and electronic records with the aim of evaluating the level of compliance with established business control policies,processes, procedures, standards, laws and regulations in all functional areas;
- Evaluating information management systems and computer databases to ensure that confidential information and proprietary intellectual property is secure, and make sure that only authorized users are able to gain access to privileged information and that the information itself is accurate;
- Maintaining back up(physical and electronic) of all internal audit materials for easy retrieval and reference and monitoring the document management process across the organization;
- And Others
- Conducting monthly review of all transactions and bank reconciliation statements for all existing bank accounts, focusing on appropriate posting of transactions and ensuring compliance with statutory deductions;
- Maintaining a system to continuously review income and expenditure; to ensure that all financial transactions are in accordance with established policies and procedures, and maximize value for money;
- Developing systems for reporting and investigating unethical practices anonymously and appraising the adequacy of such systems, including their ability to detect and prevent fraud;
- Investigating and reporting all transaction irregularities or suspected fraud, waste, abuse and inefficiencies and making recommendations on appropriate preventive or remedial actions;
- Conducting adhoc and confidential investigations as directed by the Executive Director and/or Board;
Compliance and continuous improvement:
- Objectively reviewing SCIDaR’s current business processes and evaluating the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place, to create a compliance system that effectively addresses organizational needs;
- Designing and leading the implementation of an effective compliance program to prevent,detect and correct any issues of non-compliance with SCIDaR’s policies and procedures, donor regulations, requirements, national laws and regulations;
- Mentoring and educating all employees to ensure compliance with internal policies and ensuring that the organization is compliant with relevant laws and contractual obligations;
- And Others
- Developing and executing a structured, consistent, and continuous process across the whole organization for identifying, assessing, monitoring, responding to and reporting on risks and opportunities that affect the achievement of its objectives (whether internal or external to the organization);
- Managing and monitoring major changes to SCIDaR’s business environment and risk profile in terms of compliance and privacy, finances, safety, legal liability, human capital, operations, reputation and strategic issues;
- Performing risk and internal controls assessments of partner companies or joint venture companies and lead efforts to mitigate identified risk and control deficiencies;
Audit strategy development:
- Producing an internal audit strategy that fits with and supports SCIDaR’s objectives and reflects the organization’s risk maturity;
- Developing and executing annual audit plans, ensuring the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization;
- Regularly reporting to the Executive Management Team on the status of audit activities and emerging risks or exposures, that should be considered (whether internal or external to the organization);
- Monitoring emerging trends and successful practices in internal audit related to donor funded projects and the human capital development sector more generally, developing and incorporating a risk-based approach into the annual audit plan;
Education and Experience:
- Academic training:Minimum of Masters' degree in Accounting and Finance or similarly relevant field;
- Professional credentialing: Professional accounting/audit certification, e.g. ICAN, ACA,ACCA, CPA;
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in varied aspects of audit and compliance in verifiable and reputable establishments (e.g., business assurance, risk management, information, operations and business systems auditing); some of the recent experience must be at a senior or strategic level;
- Consulting experience: in business assurance and/or audit in a top four (4) audit firm is a major plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send an up-to-date CV and Cover Letter to:email@example.com the CV / cover letter must include email addresses and phone numbers of three (3) professional referees who can speak to the candidate’s work ethics and capabilities;
Application Closing Date 22nd July, 2019.