Group Financial Controller Professional1 year ago - Job Offers - Lagos - 468 views
Adron Homes and Properties Limited is recruiting for full time Group Financial Controller.
Adron Homes and Properties Limited is a Real Estate and Property Development Company whose purpose to help people realize their aspirations for the pride of ownership, comfort, security and wealth through the provision of excellent homes and the will to provide homes for all classes of society with focus on the neglected populace in respect to government housing programs.
In line with our business plan for expansion and growth as a Pan-African Real Estate development company to all states in Nigeria and other African countries; we seek highly qualified genius and productive candidates for the position below:
- The Group Financial Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results and ensure that reported result comply with general accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- The Group Financial Controller is essentially a financial analyst of the company. He/She is also responsible for financial management and risk management for the Group.
- Shall ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly financial accounts, investigating variances,correcting errors where necessary and providing explanations on departures from budgets across all branches.
- Monitor all balance sheet reconciliation, ensuring completion and adequate record
- Co-ordinate daily, weekly and monthly inflows, ensuring all information is collated and up to date, monitoring of accuracy and liaising with the accounting and audit teams on requirements of funds required
- Contribute to the development of management information provided internally and externally
- Ensures that financial records are are maintained in line with company's Financial Regulations and Standing Orders and comply with current legislation.
- Ensure that all work is in line with company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all calculation are linked to supporting workings and appropriate source of information
- Prepares and record asset, liability, revenue and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing accounting information.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, positing, reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance;reconciling entries.
- Develop, implement,modify and document record keeping and account systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting personnel, and direct their work activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting personnel, and direct their works activities.
- Advice management about issues such as resources utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Maintain a document system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organization structure adequate for achieving the department's goal and objective.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control system, transaction-processing operations and policies and procedures.
- Ensures that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensures that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensures that requires debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filling system.
- Maintain a system of control over accounting transactions.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmark against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecast
- Calculate variance from the budget and report significant issues of management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions,and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Support the Financial Director in the development and execution of the Group's taxation strategy
- Comply with Local,State and Federal Government reporting requirement and tax fillings.
- Bachelor's and Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications
- Excellent verbal,analytical, organizational and written skills
- Good working experience in a financial institution and a managerial capacity.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience post-master's degree or MBA.
- Good knowledge of Federal and State Financial regulations
- ICAN membership(Chartered Accountant)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Code as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date 30th January, 2019.