Financial Controller Professional3 months ago - Job Offers - Lagos - 233 views
Purpose of the Job
To gather, analyze and interpret operational data, market and customer indices, micro and macro environmental indices, financial information, industry trends and competitor data for effective business planning, management and investment decisions.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Tracks corporate and financial performance indicators, reports variations and proposes remedial actions.
- Recommends improvements to management reports and formats including responsibilities, recipients and frequency of preparation.
- Evaluates business/project proposals with comprehensive analysis of monetary impact on business.
- Reviews, benchmarks and updates defined operational and financial parameters/performance indicators against which corporate and functional performances will be measured on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews new policies, regulations, International Financial Reporting standards (IFRS) and projecting the effects that the same could have on the company and its investments.
- Reviews analysis of information on production costs, test that all associated costs are captured/allocated and identify trends for the purpose of financial planning and cost analysis.
- Identifies long-term financial implications of intended corporate projects/initiatives and advise management.
- Reviews performance indices for the Group’s products and perform trend analyses of the various performance indices to provide management with information for strategic decision making.
- Prepares monthly business review report for the Managing Director.
Person Specification/Job Requirements
- A first degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics.
- 5+years’ experience in a managerial accounting position.
- Reputable manufacturing company with recognized professional accounting qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA)
- Self-confidence and integrity,
- Leadership Skill
- Very good knowledge of business and financial modelling.
- Very good knowledge of business operations and strategy including cost components, business processes.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional understanding of strategy and operations within FMCG industries.
- Superior analytical abilities, team working capabilities, and result oriented nature.
- Innovation, creativity and ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools including financial and business modelling application.
- Proficiency in use of SAP ERP.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Dragnet Nigeria career website on e-recruiter.ng to apply