Director, Finance Professional3 months ago - Job Offers - Uyo - 226 views
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a registered reputable nationaln on-governmental organization that provides socio-economic empowerment to orphans, vulnerable children and widows in Nigeria.
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is soliciting for a qualified individual tofill the position of Director Finance in USAID funded project called ‘Local Partner for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Akwa Ibom andRiver States’.
WEWE wishes torecruit a talented and God fearing Director Finance who believes in local organisations, that not all Nigerian’s are corrupt but instead believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerian can be better than the rest. Someone who shares its ideologies and who see helping vulnerable populations such as widows and OVC as a calling from Almighty God
The Director Finance will be based in Abuja and be responsible for the overall coordination of the financial aspect of the project by ensuring team’s compliance with WEWE and USAID financial, procurement and ensuring timely disbursement and retirement offunds.
Location: The position will be based in Abuja with frequent travels to WEWE State offices in Akwa Ibom and Rivers State to conduct audit clinics/internal audits and document verifications assignments.
- Manages the accounting, financial records and other financial matter on the project
- Leads preparation of operational budgets and inputs into program budgets
- Sets up the financial systems to ensure compliance with USAID regulations
- Oversees budgeting, financial forecasting and cash-flow
- Coordinates external and donor audit activities
- Represents and coordinates USAID financial review processes
- Manages payroll
- Requests and reviews financial report from partnering organization
- Manages fleet and procurement
- Reconciles accounts monthly and prepares quarterly financial reports to the board
- Reviews deliverables prepared by teams before submitting
- Leads monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Fills out all USAID Accruals forms and financial standard forms
- Leads in the sub-granting processes including engagement of new Implementing Agencies (IAs) and fund disbursement and retirement
- Supports the capacity building efforts of WEWE for IAs to effectively liquidate fund advances in a timely manner
- Facilitates the Financial Compliance Advisor Board learning sessions
- Supervises all grant management and reporting on grant performance as well as provide financial and technical management to ensure best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses and ensures timely preparation of donor financial reports
- Leads the procurement and maintenance
- An advanced degree at the Master’s level or above in Finance, Accounting or a related field is required. Must be a Chartered Accountant or ACCA.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working as a senior level manager in health and development programs in developing countries.
- Strong understanding of Nigeria’s accounting and finance laws and regulations is essential
- In depth experience in Accounting practices, auditing, pay-rolling, sub-granting, finance management, Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with USAID, PEPFAR, and other donor organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational management and contract compliance.
- Familiarity with USAID regulations and procedures in the financial management of donor assisted projects.
- Must have a proven track record of building teams and fostering collaboration in order to achieve goals, meet milestones, and produce high quality financial reporting.
- Possess a track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Fluency in English required (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time within Nigeria.
- Experience with USAID projects is required.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please you are advised to provide your functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three referees.
WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.