Assistant Research Manager Professional3 months ago - Job Offers - Abuja - 245 views
Girl Effect is recruiting for Assistant Research Manager
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
We are a creative non-profit organization empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media,mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it's all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
Job Title: Assistant Research Manager
Context of Role
Girl Effect Nigeria is looking for a brilliant qualitative researcher/analyst, the Assistant Research Manager will support design and implementation of girl-centered, innovative and robust approaches to research within Girl Effect, designing insights-driven girl-centred research on subjects including social and gender norms, education, SRH, HIV, GBV, Media etc. They will project manage and take technical oversight of formative, creative,monitoring and evaluative research that supports a range of Girl Effect products and external research. These products include the global online platform Springster and Girls Connect, a first-of-its-kind mobile platform that enables girls to explore and express their curiosities about growing up and anew youth brand in Nigeria.
The Assistant Research Manager will work closely with Girl Effect’s Abuja-based Senior Evidence Manager as well as Evidence colleagues based in Nigeria and at Girl Effect London office to design and deliver research that is fit-for-purpose, timely and meeting the highest technical and ethical standards. Girl Effect utilizes a range of methodologies, including a bespoke mobile-enabled peer research network of girls – TEGA – which the Specialist will be encouraged and supported to leverage for right-fit research delivery.
From design through to dissemination, all research within Girl Effect requires cross-functional working with colleagues across Gender,Brand, Digital and Fund Mobilization teams. The role might require occasional international travel.
What You’ll Do
• Design and deliver TEGA research including for internal and external clients including formative, monitoring and evaluation and creative testing.
• Create youth-friendly survey tools, integrate girl feedback and conduct qualitative data analysis to produce reports with clear and actionable insights and recommendations for Girl Effect and its partners
• Work closely with Gender, Brand, Digital and Girl Network steams to ensure that research is respectful, youth-friendly, and appropriate for different cultural and social contexts
• Provide technical support to research implementation,ensuring that methods, tools, ethical and safeguarding standards, and field implementation meet high standards.
• Support the Senior Manager, Evidence in driving innovation and quality in evidence and insight generation, through continual reflection on and contribution to strengthening research design and implementation - with particular focus on the Girl Effect's TEGA methodology
• Actively contribute to sharing and learning across the Evidence and Insight global team through accessible and engaging research reporting and presentation, participation in research uptake workshops and acting as an approachable and reliable contact for colleagues across Girl Effect when evidence queries arise
• Produce engaging case studies, research briefings, reports and other knowledge products for external dissemination
• Participate in all strategic and programme planning and related activities of the Girl Effect Nigeria team.
Who You Are
• You'll have a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology,anthropology or other social science. Post graduate highly desirable.
• You will have gained full-time experience in social or commercial research, with a focus on qualitative research design and analysis
• You should have demonstrable skills in producing high quality, innovative and engaging research presentations and briefings for diverse audiences
• You'll have a strong cultural awareness and sensitivity about the cultures within which Girl Effect operates
• You should have experience working remotely with colleagues and/or field agencies and ability to work effectively inmulti cultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
• You will be creative and possess an inquisitive mindset
• You'll have strong communication and organisational skills
• You will show commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect.
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow - we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls. Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight
How to Apply
Apply through Girls Effect website or this link https//:grnh.se/ideac30c2 before 2nd October 2018